St. Joseph Children's Home gives children a home,

and has been doing so since 1849.

NEWS

St. Joe’s celebrates
National Adoption Month

St. Joe's Therapeutic Foster Care and Adoption is growing at a rapid pace as more children are in need of homes than ever before. With over 8,500 children in Kentucky's foster care system, St. Joe's has one of the highest adoption rates among comparable foster care programs in Kentucky. St. Joe's is proud to celebrate 16 adoptions so far this year! This November, St. Joe's kids and families are celebrating National Adoption Month, an initiative sponsored by the Children's Bureau in partnership with Child Welfare Information Gateway and AdoptUSKids. The emphasis this year is on strengthening teen adoptions by building an effective response system for prospective adoptive families that is part of a wider continuum of support services.

Read More

Every child is good and worthy of love

On any given day, St. Joseph Children's Home serves over 200 children throughout various programs. St. Joe's kids are diverse in age, race, gender, as well as background. St. Joseph Children's Home is a nonprofit agency, and state reimbursements cover 75% of what it costs to operate all programs. We depend on the generosity of individuals, foundations, corporations and other community partners to provide the remaining 25% of our budget. Your critical monetary contributions not only help St. Joe's continue to operate as a safe and loving home for abused and neglected youth, but also help create families in accordance with our mission of "Giving Children a Home." Make a year end gift today!

Read More

Fall Newsletter 2017

Stay updated with St. Joe's kids and families by checking out our current newsletter!

Read More


What does “Giving Children a Home” mean?

OUR PROGRAMS

 

The 48 children who call St. Joe’s home are between the ages of six and 14, and have already been in multiple foster homes. Our goal is to provide the children with the necessary tools to be successful in a family. Through individual treatment plans, intensive therapy, education and a normal home-like environment, children can begin the healing process. It is our mission to provide them with the life skills to move past their trauma and look forward to a brighter future. On average, children live at St. Joe’s about one year, and we have a 94 percent success rate of placing children with families.

 

More Info »

 

We give children a home by providing a continuum of care through our Foster Care and Adoption Program which serves children from our Residential Program as well as children of all ages, birth to teen. We currently have 50 certified families, and serve 42 children. In 2015, we served more than 200 hundred children in all three programs and created 15 forever adoptive families!

 

More Info » 

 

St. Joe’s also boasts one of the best Child Development Center preschool programs in the city, which is offered to children in the general public and is a valued staple of the Crescent Hill community. Standards-based curriculum, an in-house enrichment program for infants through preschool (Music, Movement, Science and Art), and an excellent teacher to student ratio are all benefits of this fabulous program.

 

More Info »

Our goal is for the next home in our kids lives to be the final home.

Stu Pollard and Louisville Film Society release short film
with St. Joseph Children’s Home Press Release

ANNUAL REPORT

2015 was a milestone year for St. Joseph Children’s Home

St. Joe’s is continuously seeking to provide quality care and maintain excellence. St. Joe’s will continue to evolve and adapt to the ever shifting climate of state funding and the needs of Kentucky’s children and families. However, St. Joe’s will continue to stay focused on the things we do well which is giving children a home and creating families for Kentucky. Thank you for continuing to be a part of our success.

AUGUST 10–11, 2018

PICNIC COUNTDOWN

CONTACT

St. Joseph Children’s Home
2823 Frankfort Avenue
Louisville, KY 40206
(502) 893-0241
(877) 893-0241

STAY CONNECTED!

EMAIL US